By Maggie Sueme, Education and Outreach Coordinator
For nearly 100 years, Better Business Bureau Serving Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois has helped consumers and businesses through our mission of advancing marketplace trust.
BBB accomplishes this mission by:
- Creating a community of trustworthy businesses.
- Setting standards for marketplace trust.
- Encouraging and supporting best practices.
- Celebrating marketplace role models.
- Denouncing substandard marketplace behavior.
BBB strengthens our mission through education and outreach to the community by providing opportunities for consumer and business education. BBB’s Education and Outreach Coordinator, Margaret Sueme, is available to speak with your group about consumer buying tips, avoiding being victimized by fraud and how to take advantage of many of the free BBB services available to consumers and businesses.
More than 100 groups, including trade organizations, chambers of commerce, college and high school students, and senior groups have requested to learn more about BBB.
Here are just a few:
- Our Lady of the Pillar Catholic Church – Scams Targeting Seniors
- CAI Community Managers’ Partners – BBB Services & Standards of Trust
- Soldan International High School – What is BBB & Scams Targeting Students
- DESE Pathways – In Pursuit of Ethics, BBB’s ethics education program
- Edwardsville/Glen Carbon Chamber of Commerce – TED Talk and Business Ethics Discussion
- Bosnian/Afghan/Vietnamese seniors – BBB Services & Scams (with interpreter)
- Gateway Air Conditioning Contractors – BBB Services for Businesses
Contact Margaret Sueme at 314-584-6762 or at email@example.com.